Hand Carved Block Printing
$140.00 – $210.00
Dates: Saturday, March 9, 2024
Time: 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM (4 hours)
Your investment: $140 per person- includes all materials, resources and equipment, or sign up with a family member, aged 10 – 25 for $210 (save $70).
Tea/ Coffee is also provided.
Learn a new way to practise mindfulness by turning your favourite pictures or drawings into block prints. For me, the focus and concentration required to hand-card a block, before printing, is very relaxing. I also love the process of making multiple copies of the one design.
You’ll learn how to turn any image into a bold design full of contrast and pattern. I will guide you through every step from the initial design to the finished product.
Blocking printing is a versatile process that you could continue to do at home because you don’t need a lot of space or an expensive Printing Press…and you will be able to use the block you make during this session again and again as a bespoke stamp to produce more Art prints, unique greeting cards or create collage elements for your other Art projects.
This workshop is for you if:
- you’re a complete beginner looking for an exciting creative experience.
- you remember doing a linocut at school and want to re-engage with this simple but effective printmaking process.
- block printing is already something you do but you want to learn ways to take what you know to a whole new level.
- you’re looking for a relaxing way to spend a Saturday afternoon, mingling with people who also know the value of taking time out for some creative self-care.
Take your inspiration from Nature (images supplied) or you are welcome to bring images on another topic. You’ll be guided and supported a little or a lot depending on your wishes, and offered honest advice and feedback so that by the end of the session, you’ll have a finished artwork ready to frame and a hand-carved block to keep (and re-use).
You’ll love the process of block printing because we all need to make time to breathe, relax and (like in life) carve away the parts that are not needed and keep the parts you like.
- Your choice of one 11 x 11 cm double-sided square block OR one 15cm round double-sided block to carve during the session (and keep forever).
- All materials and equipment.
- Step-by-step instructions.
- Organisational ideas and advice on resources you need to set up your home studio.
- Tea/coffee and light snacks.
- An apron for use on the day.
- Relaxing Music.
- Lots of photos that I will share with you, upon request.
- Clean up – it’s all taken care of for you.
This workshop is also available for a private group booking (Maximum of 10 people). If you’d like extra time to make your group booking a truly ‘social event’, you are welcome to use my private outdoor courtyard, before or after the session (for a small extra fee per hour). BYO food and drinks! For all inquiries contact me!
All registrants will be added to my newsletter. You can always unsubscribe when you get one.
If you would like to see our refund policy, please click here.