Happy by Nature – Nature Journaling
$110.00 – $165.00
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2024
Time: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm (3 hours)
Your investment: $110 per person- includes all materials, resources and equipment, or sign up with a family member, aged 10 – 25 for $165 (save $55).
Tea/ Coffee is also provided.
Nature nurtures! So, I have created a workshop to help you appreciate and document the natural world around you. Join me for an afternoon of positivity and gentle tuition to discover for yourself that any time spent drawing what you observe about nature is never time wasted.
Creating a Nature Journal is the perfect way to escape from technology and focus your thoughts on the variety and beauty that is lurking outside (and inside) your home.
It is well known that nature can calm the soul and journalling remind us just take a moment, be observant, and breathe in our surroundings.
Using charcoal, pencils, pens, watercolour, coloured pencils and water-soluble drawing media you will deepen your understanding of ‘HOW TO DRAW’ using ‘nature’ as your inspiration.
This workshop is for you if:
- you’re looking for a way to press pause reduce stress and practise mindfulness
- you’re a complete beginner looking for guidance and instructions to build your drawing confidence.
- you already have some drawing ability but you need a few hours to focus and enjoy the breathing space this workshop offers
- you’re a gardener or you like to travel and explore the great outdoors.
- you’re ready to make ordinary pencil sketches jump off the page and look more sophisticated by applying a variety of easy techniques.
I’ll show you how to combine your love of nature and your interest in art all in one sketchbook that you will treasure forever. Journalling is a great way to get you back in touch with your creativity and record everything you see, think and feel.
It’s time to experience how the simple act of drawing nature can change any ordinary day into a day of wonder and joy.
By the end of the session, you will be taking home an A5 journal (supplied) filled with drawing samples plus loads of ideas for doing more drawing in the future.
Absolute beginners welcome.
- One A5 concertina style Art Journal (to keep).
- All materials and equipment.
- Step-by-step instructions.
- Organisational ideas and advice on resources you need to set up your home studio.
- Tea/coffee and light snacks.
- An apron for use on the day.
- Relaxing Music.
- Lots of photos that I will share with you, upon request.
- Clean up – it’s all taken care of for you.
This workshop is also available for a private group booking (Maximum of 10 people). If you’d like extra time to make your group booking a truly ‘social event’, you are welcome to use my private outdoor courtyard, before or after the session (for a small extra fee per hour). BYO food and drinks! For all inquiries contact me!
All registrants will be added to my newsletter. You can always unsubscribe when you get one.
If you would like to see our refund policy, please click here.